According to Matt Davies Stockton, home renovation projects such as bathroom remodeling can be challenging to manage for many people without a proper plan. That is why it is important to follow a checklist or guideline to help you handle all the essential elements such as selecting the materials, organizing a budget, planning the timeline, and more.
Here is a checklist of guidelines you can follow to remodel your bathroom properly:
- Cabinets, shelving, and storage – During a bathroom remodeling, it is essential to design the new bathroom cabinets according to the estimated size. Plus, it is crucial to focus on the functionality of the design as well as the decor.
Typically, you can build a new bathroom vanity, and shelving cabinets from scratch or upgrade the existing parts such as the door handles, mirror, door stops, cabinet handles, pulls, and more.
- Plumbing fixtures and features – Ensure you upgrade the old plumbing fixtures that feature a dated design or don’t work correctly with modern alternatives. You can visit your local home improvement store to test the different products and choose the ones that you like the best.
Here is a list of things that you should consider upgrading:
- Shower set
- Basin Sink
- Basin tapware
- Bath filter
- Shower channel waste
- Exhaust fan
- Shower tapware
- Hand towel holder
- Shower glass hinges or clips
- Robe hook
- Toilet paper holder
- Heated towel rail
- Pop-up waste
- Shower or floor waste
- Bottle trap
Figuring your bathroom remodeling requirements in the early stage would help you to determine the scope of the project and plan things better.
- The lighting – One of the major elements that many people tend to overlook when remodeling their bathroom is the lighting. Your first priority must be to optimize the flow of natural light into the bathroom space since it makes the space livelier and more practical. Thus, it makes sense to design the windows of your new bathroom accordingly.
Pendant lights and downlights serve as great artificial lighting solutions for bathroom spaces. Your choice of lighting can make a huge difference in the look and feel of the new bathroom space. So, don’t hesitate to spend some money on good quality lighting solutions.
- The walls and flooring – Upgrading the walls and the flooring of your old bathroom are some of the major elements of bathroom renovation. Thus, it is important to choose them wisely since they would be a good investment.
Generally, it is recommended you invest in durable, slip-resistant, and waterproof flooring options such as vinyl, porcelain, mosaic, or ceramic tiles. These are easy to maintain as well. Plus, you can choose from a plethora of design options to suit your needs. For bathroom walls, you can choose a matching combination as the flooring or opt for something different such as acrylic for shower walls, and mesmerizing bathroom wallpapers.
Matt Davies Stockton suggests you hire a reputed contractor for your bathroom remodeling project after conducting thorough research and comparing quotes from many different service providers. Never try to DIY since major bathroom remodeling involves electrical, plumbing, and HVAC work that can be risky for you if you are not a skilled expert with the proper knowledge.
Comments are closed.